Where do they occur?
TYPES OF HERNIAS
1. INGUINAL - in the groin
2. FEMORAL - below the inguinal - relatively more common in females
3. EPIGASTRIC - in the upper abdomen - midline - above the navel
4. UMBILICAL - at the navel - common also in babies
5. INCISIONAL - in the scar of the previous surgery
6. RECURRENT - at the site of a previous hernia operation
7. UNUSUAL HERNIA - lumbar
8. HIATUS HERNIAS - intra-abdominal - different kettle of fish. Sometimes
surgery can help.
Next: Hernias > How do you know
you have one?
back to Top